Conference Travel Award
Conference Travel Awards support individuals or groups who propose to attend conferences to enhance their intellectual development.
- The primary focus of the research/creative work to be presented must be U.S. Latina/Latino communities.
- Students applying for the grants must be registered and in good academic standing during the term when the grant is received.
- Students must not be encumbered.
- Only one award will be provided to a student per calendar year due to limited funds.
- Students are required to turn in all original receipts that will be reimbursed within two weeks of their trip.
- Funds will not be provided retroactively.
- A maximum of $400 will be awarded. However, students are encouraged to seek supplementary funding. (Please be aware that these funds will be processed through Financial Aid and are subject to the rules and regulations of that unit.)
- Students must present their research findings at a Department of Latina/Latino Studies brown bag series. Every effort must be made to present in the semester that follows receipt of the award.
Applicants for conference travel support should submit a letter of application that states:
- The name of the conference
- How attendance in the conference will enhance your intellectual development
- Departmental or other additional sources of support
- A tentative budget for participation in the conference
(See the Conference Travel Award Application)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications must be received at least 15 days before the date of the conference.
- Applicants must fill out and submit a Conference Travel Award Application.
Applications should be sent to:
- Student Conference Travel Awards
- Department of Latina/Latino Studies, MC-495
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
510 East Chalmers
Champaign, IL 61820
For further information about the Undergraduate/Graduate Student Conference Travel Grants, contact the Department of Latina/Latino Studies, at (217)265-0370.